Well, my plan to make cards, catch up on my emails and blogs two days a week, and create my blog posts at least two days a week does not seem to be working too well…LOL! I still have to finish my January cards and get started on my February birthday cards…and squeeze in the time to create my Valentine cards! Oh well, at least it was a plan! LOL!
My card today is one I made for my great-nephew. He is turning 3 and his nickname is “moose”. He is such a cutie. I had the stamp set from My Favorite Things, Merry Christmoose and thought what a great image to use for “Moose’s” card.
I had first stamped the image, the cup, and the pillows and colored them with my Copic markers.
When I was trying to figure out the layout I was having a hard time coming up with a design that I liked. I knew that I wanted to use the matching dies to cut out my images, but my placement on the card was a bit of a puzzlement to me. I wanted something in the background but wasn’t happy with any of the papers that I tried, so I decided to make my own. I stamped the “set” of pillows on the background, masked it off, and then stamped the pillows again. I repeated this each time angling the pillows a little to make them appear that they were in a sort of semi-circle. I thought this would be great to create a little sitting area where we could share a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter night. After coloring the pillows with my copics, I felt that the “room” needed some more color, so once again, I masked off the pillows and used some ink to softly ink the background. I used a lighter shade at the top and a darker shade towards the bottom to give the appearance of a room. I thought it turned out pretty good.
I adhered my cut out images to some fun foam and then arranged them on the card. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says Stamp die, Happy Birthday. I was going to color the die cut with my Copics, but then changed my mind. I thought it looked okay in white over the background of my card. To get my spacing when I was attaching the words, I used the negative from the die cut and simply glued the pieces into the negative spaces. I then removed the negative background and my words were perfectly placed and spaced.
I added a few of the Neptune Turquoise Crystal Drops that I had created when I choose the colors for my card. Since it took me a couple of days to color (working all day limits my coloring time!), they were dry and easy to adhere to my card.
Well, I had better get back to card making…I do have a few more to make (don’t I always!)!
Copics used: R24, R46, R59, E23, E25, E27, E29, E71, E74, E77, E79, BG72, BG75, BG78, E42, E43, E44, YR61, YR02, YR04, YR18, B23, B26, B29, Y28, G03, G16, G29, R27, R29, R89, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, E55, E57, E59, E51, E43, 0, C00, C2, C4, R20, R17, R46, R39, B14, B16, B18, B21, B23, B26, Y28, YR23